U.S. Mint 90% Silver Coins Available in $100 and $500 Face Value Bags from BGASC.com at just $.15 over Spot!
Before 1965, the U.S. Mint produced 90% silver coins – dimes, quarters and half dollars – for use as everyday legal tender. Starting in 1965, these coins were soon removed by collectors who realized that a dime, quarter or a half dollar that was made of 90% silver was going to be more valuable than the same coins that were introduced that year made of copper and nickel. U.S. Mint 90% silver coins (the other 10% is copper) are an ideal way of accumulating silver and of holding silver in a form that is ideal for barter exchanges.
Pre-1965 90% silver coins are prized for their silver content, not their numismatic value as billions of these coins were minted. Since 1965, however, and especially during the silver price spikes of 1979-1980 and 2010-2011 when the price of silver reached $50 an ounce, 90% silver coins have been melted down for their silver content. As a result, with each passing year, fewer of these coins are available as they continue to be melted down and have not been minted in over fifty years.
Ninety percent U.S. silver coins are sometimes referred to as “junk silver”, although we see no justification for such designation! Pre-1965 U.S. silver Roosevelt dimes (1946-1964) and Washington quarters (1932-1964) share the same front design as dimes and quarters minted since 1965 and therefore are easily recognizable and as such, are perfectly suited for barter should the need ever arise.
Each 90% silver dime weighs 2.5 grams and contains .07234 ounces of pure silver and each 90% silver quarter weighs 6.25 grams and contains .18084 ounces of pure silver. Since 90% silver coins are valued for their silver content, they are priced relative to the spot price of silver. To make the calculation convenient, bullion sellers such as BGASC.com sell 90% silver coins by face value. A popular way to acquire these coins is by bags with face values of $100 or $500.
BGASC.com is offering $100 and $500 face value bags of Roosevelt silver dimes or $100 and $500 value bags of Washington silver quarters. Mixed bags of $100 and $500 face value Roosevelt silver dimes and Washington silver quarters are also available
90% Roosevelt Silver Dime Bags
$100 Dollar 90% Silver Dime Bags
$500 Dollar 90% Silver Dime Bags
90% Silver Washington Quarter Bags
$100 Dollar 90% Silver Quarter Bags
$500 Dollar 90% Silver Quarter Bags
Mixed 90% Silver Dimes and Quarters
$100 Dollar $90% Silver Dime and Quarter Bags
$500 Dollar $90% Silver Dime and Quarter Bags
Buying Silver via 90% U.S. Mint Silver Coins
90% silver coins are easily bought, sold, stored and counted and are a cost effective way to acquire silver bullion.
Click here to order yours today!